Monday, July 27, 2009

So good it hurts


I am watching the Mariza concert DVD Concerto em Lisboa again and thinking how lucky I am to have seen her in a small venue with a few hundred people. There must have been thousands in the concert recorded for the DVD. In the more distant seats, it probably would have been hard to see her even on the big screens next to the stage. (You could hear her though, I bet.) I got to sit in about the fifth row and see live just as much as the camera captured. Gave me goose bumps then, gives me goose bumps now.

Luís Guerreio on guitarra Portugeusa is fine on this, too. Desejos Vãos with the Lisbon Symphony is so beautiful it's painful. Chuva is one of the more earnest singing performances I have ever seen. Then, she makes herself cry (OK, and me, too) on Ó Gente Da Minha Terra...and the crowd goes wild (and me, too).

No comments: