Monday, July 20, 2009

Mooned


A 40th anniversary of the first moon landing site from the cradle of astronauts and quarterbacks.

First and last men on the moon were Boilermakers baby, for a bit longer anyway. But we'll always have Neil "Mr. No. 1" Armstrong.

Probably a flaw in my character, but I really have very few vivid memories of childhood, despite generally having a good time. One of them is watching Armstrong step on the moon on an old black and white TV.

I also remember Drew Brees throwing that TD pass to Ike Jones to beat No. 4 Kansas State with 1:25 left in the 1998 Alamo Bowl, but that was in color. I didn't get to drink a few beers in celebration in '69 either. I think I'll just have to make up for it tonight.

God bless Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan. Also Drew Brees.

No comments: