Friday, October 07, 2005

iPod Nano scratches

Walter Mossberg, a guy whose stuff I generally agree with, whined about scratches on his iPod Nano in his Wall Street Journal Q&A column this week and I have the same message for Walter as I have for the other people bitching about scratched Nanos and getting far too much attention for it.

Get over it!

My Nano has scratches, too. It has them because it's a tiny device I can carry anywhere with fantastic sound. I don't put it in a case because I don't want to bulk it up. Constant use plus no case equals scratches, it's axiomatic.

That in no way affects the function of my Nano, not even the readability of the screen, as Mossberg implies (I think incorrectly) it could, any more than it affects the function of my little Canon Digital Elph, which has its share of superficial scratches after years of use as well. Check this out if you want to see what it takes to REALLY destroy a Nano. My advice is buy one.

Of course, this post and others like it won't get much press. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a real-life reporter.

No comments: