Saturday, April 16, 2005

B3ing it

Joey DeFrancesco at the Jazz Kitchen in Indianapolis was a good show, although we got there a little late and sat at the bar, where you can’t really see much. Joey D had the excellent guitarist Jake Langley with him, whom he said he’s going to keep for awhile. I’m hoping the exposure will put some of Langley’s stuff back in print, especially “Doug’s Garage.” If anyone knows where to find that CD, I’d welcome the suggestion.

The Jazz Kitchen is a good place to hear (and sometimes see) big hitters. Good food, too. My buddy Carl Abernathy and I caught Kenny Garrett there earlier this year, from the front row no less, and I saw Tony Monaco by myself last month.

Get there before 7 p.m. for an 8 p.m. show to have a shot at a table if you’re not in the B.O.P. Club, which gives you preferred seating, among other things.

No comments: