Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Organomics

I'm a B-3 fanatic, I admit it. (To heck with you snobs who look down your noses at organ jazz.) My current favorite player is Tony Monaco, whom I caught playing at the Jazz Kitchen in Indianapolis, after he put down a bowl of pasta at the bar while I was putting down a couple beers.

His lastest CD "Fiery Blues" is a must-have for Hammond lovers. Also check out his date with vibraphone player Steve Yeager leading, "New Groove Blues." You don't see too many B-3 and vibes sessions and I'd like more, at least from these two guys.

2 comments:

Mike Carniello said...

after he put down a bowl of pasta at the bar while I was putting down a couple beers sounds like he was your waiter!

Mr. Greg said...

In fact, he was working for tips. It's tough to make a living in organ jazz.

Kidding.