Sunday, May 29, 2005

emusic is jazzy

Kenny Garrett, who was fantastic himself, had a great group of younger players with him when I saw them at the Jazz Kitchen in Indianapolis in February, which prompted me to look up the drummer Ronald Bruner, which led me to the CD "Young Jazz Giants," which makes me sorry these kids, as far as I can determine, have never recorded together again.

I actually downloaded the CD from emusic, a legal digital music service that I don't think gets enough attention and one with an extensive jazz collection, new and classic. Acceptable prices and sound quality with no copy protection. Check it out.

1 comment:

Carl Abernathy said...

The Kenny Garrett show was great. Thanks for going with me. I wish there were more outlets where we could see young jazz musicians.

Carl Abernathy
Cahl's Juke Joint: A rock, blues and jazz blog
http://cahlsjukejoint.blogspot.com