31st IOSF set for West Lafayette
Purdue Athletic Ticket Office would undoubtedly sell you as many seats as you want. The opponent is Eastern Kentucky University, nickname the Colonels, whose mascot looks distinctly like a certain fried chicken restaurant franchise founder, albeit a version who's been eating a lot of factory farm fowl pumped up with steroids. This is all true. A special event will be scheduled during the game for those not attending. Miniature golf, at an exciting new venue, will be Sunday afternoon. Opening ceremonies will be Friday night as usual.
More details in an IOSF Tattler to follow. (Production delay due to ongoing restructuring discussions. The t-shirts have been printed, however.)
1) Prestige Inn: 1217 Sagamore Parkway West, West Lafayette, 765-463-1531.
2) Four Points by Sheraton Hotel: U.S. 52 West at Cumberland Ave., West Lafayette, 877-214-0732.
3) Union Club Hotel: State and Grant streets, West Lafayette, 765-494-8913.
4) Campus Inn, 200 Brown St., West Lafayette, 765-743-9661.
5) Hilton Garden Inn: 356 E. State St., West Lafayette, 765-743-2100. They give out cookies at the desk at night.
6) Holiday Inn Select City Centre, 515 South St., Lafayette, 765-423-1000.
7) Knight's Inn: 4110 State Road 26, Lafayette, 765-447-5611. (Many other hotels in the Knight’s Inn area as well, but said area is kind of far away.)
8) Motel Hell: 666 Stix St. (Hades Road), Lafayette, 666-666-0666. Free sausage!