Sunday, September 27, 2009

Re-evolving


These Beatles guys I discovered slay me. They just keep doing more and more bizarre stuff with every new CD. Revolver, their latest, is like plethora of dramatic vignettes set to rock music but with strings and stuff, too.

I can't say any of it is less than captivating. But I really like this thing Eleanor Rigby. Love To You is super weird, a bluesy song about relationships and settling for them, only rendered as an Indian (the subcontinent kind) tune. Then they lay this Yellow Submarine deal on you. What kind of minds decide to slip a Vaudeville-style ditty into a rock LP? There's genius in that.

For No One is a slice of my life and undoubtedly a lot of other people's. And there is genius in that as well. No question about it, got to get this music into my life.

No comments: